Do you need a Water Efficiency Certificate?
If you are renting out your property and wanting to charge your tenants for their water consumption, you must have a Water Efficiency Certificate Qld.
Water Efficiency Certificate QLDWhen you’re preparing to rent out your property, as the Landlord, there are numerous factors to consider, one important point is to ensure you’re able to pass on the full cost of water consumption to your tenant. The simplest way to be able to do this is to attain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD.
Moreton Bay and North Brisbane’s Water Efficiency Compliance ExpertsRental properties are considered water efficient if certain water fixtures meet the standards listed below:
- All internal cold water taps, except those serving a bath or appliance, are to deliver a maximum of 9 litres of water, per minute.
- Shower heads are to have a maximum flow rate of 9 litres per minute.
- Toilets are to be dual flush, with the maximum flush volume of the full flush to be 6.5 litres, and the maximum for the half flush being 3.5 litres and a maximum average flush volume of 4 litres (based on the average of 1 full flush and 4 half flushes).
Water Charging as Stated by the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority)Property managers/owners are allowed to pass on the full cost of water consumption, provided:
- he rental property is individually metered (or water is delivered by vehicle), and<
- the rental property is water efficient, and
- the tenancy agreement states the tenant must pay for water consumption
- State Bulk Water Charge, and
- Water Usage Charges
- Sewerage Usage Charge, and
- Fixed access Charges
Why Use Creek to Coast Plumbing for your Water Efficiency Certificate Qld?Creek to Coast Plumbing can ensure you meet the minimum water efficient standards required by inspecting your property’s plumbing and updating it where necessary. To obtain a Water Efficiency Certificate, QLD, we can assist by taking some simple steps such as:
- upgrading tapware and outlets &/or
- installing flow restricting aerators &/or
- installing flow restrictor fittings behind the spouts &/or
- installing flow restrictors in the tap
- complete all documentation, and providing your certificate on the spot once compliant
- We also conduct a complimentary plumbing inspection whilst onsite to give you a general overview of the condition of your plumbing and any existing or potential issues, and give you a written report.